Educate. Recover. Reclaim. Building the Coalition to Abolish Child Trafficking
One Child Taken is One Too Many
ERASE Child Trafficking is a US based organization with global impact. We are focused on eliminating child trafficking by implementing a holistic approach, from education and recovery to life reclamation.
ERASE’s mission is to be a unifying voice creating a cultural shift in the perception of child trafficking, working towards its eradication by empowering action against this inhumanity through education, recovery, and life reclamation.
What is Human Trafficking?
Human Trafficking occurs when a human being is sold, traded, transferred, or otherwise exchanged in some way for money, sex, labor, or other commodities.
When a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age.
The recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.
Who is Vulnerable to Trafficking?
While no demographic is immune to trafficking, victims of trafficking were found to share similar life experiences such as:
- 57% had been sexually abused as children.
- 49% had been physically assaulted.
- 85% were victims of incest as girls, and 90% had been physically abused.
- 61.5% were frequently hit, slapped, pushed, or had objects thrown at them by a member of their household.
- 40% of the above were kicked, hit, beaten, raped, or threatened and/or attacked with a weapon by a member of their household.