Advanced Human Trafficking Investigations Law Enforcement Course
Homeland Security Investigations (Charleston) and Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, South Carolina April 08 – 10, 2019Register
Hosted by Wake County Sheriff’s Office Raleigh, North Carolina May 17 – 19, 2019Register
24 hours of Continuing Law Enforcement Education (CLEE)
- Human Trafficking – A Commercial Enterprise
- Identifying Human Trafficking Crimes
- Creating a Systematic Approach to Human Trafficking Investigations
- Proactive Human Trafficking Investigations
- Importance of Digital Evidence
- Tools and Techniques for Human Trafficking Operations & Investigations with Training Lab
- Available Resources for Law Enforcement to Help Investigate Human Trafficking
- Hotel Operations – Proactive & Reactive
- Illicit Massage Businesses (IMB’s)
- Labor Trafficking
- Identifying and Interviewing Human Trafficking Victims
- Trauma-Informed & Victim-Centered Approach
- The Importance of a Community Task Force
- Community Education and Engagement
This course will provide law enforcement officers with operational tools and techniques that will allow them to proactively identify and investigate human trafficking while understanding the importance of a victim-centered and trauma-informed methodology.
Who Should Attend
Sworn Local, State, and Federal Law Enforcement Officers, Tribal Police, and Prosecutors.
This course is not open to the general public.
Major Rick Hoffman, Raleigh Police Department, Retired
Lori Sims, QMHP, MPP, Anti-Human Trafficking Advocate
Special Agent Victor Williams, ICE/HSI, Retired
ERASE Child Trafficking provides Human Trafficking Investigations Training for Law Enforcement throughout the United States. Learn more about our Blue Initiative.
*Prior to the start of the class, you will receive an email with the class agenda.
**If for any reason you are unable to attend a class you have registered for please contact Sandy Sparks at 800-819-3727